LifeHouse is a Christian residential facility providing care, counseling and support for young women experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
Volunteer Information and Opportunities!
LifeHouse is a Christian ministry providing housing, healing, and hope to young women experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. Our housing ministry is located at our LifeHouse campus in South Houston and our administrative office is located at 3323 Bissonnet. We provide services and have needs for volunteers at both locations – as we are also providing “outreach” services to other young pregnant and parenting women who need “healing and hope”, but not necessarily housing.
We need ALL types of spiritual gifts and talents at LifeHouse:
- Houseparent Respite Care - Either a female individual or couple
who assume the role of caretaker to the residents in order to give the Houseparent staff needed relief. Children are
welcome, although accommodations are limited. You will have the opportunity to stay on campus and work with our
residents over the weekend – showing them the true BODY OF CHRIST! The Respite care would be typically over a
weekend, from 12:00 noon on Friday (or other mutually arranged time) to 6:00 on Sunday evening. Training is provided
and required. A furnished apartment and/or bedroom and bathroom are provided.
Click here for more information about this opportunity.
- Teach Job/Education Skills
- Computer/Microsoft Office Products
- Resume Building/Interviewing Skills
- College Preparation and Application
- GED Classes and Tutoring
- Life Skills
- Prenatal and Childbirth Education
- Post Partum and Parenting Education
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Health and Beauty
- Personal Safety/Self Defense
- Labor Coach
- Daycare/Babysitting – care for resident babies or house parent children
- Transportation – help with transportation of residents to jobs, errands, grocery shopping, etc.
- Field Trips/Outings – take the girls for ice cream, movies, educational events, etc.
- House Parent support – help house parent’s with general daily activities with residents
- Mentoring/Discipleship – Positively influence a young women spiritually and emotionally by connecting
- Prayer/Intercession - praying for residents by bed number and the staff/families.
- Bible Study – generally a group; scheduled typically weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly
- Craft Nights and Projects
- Digital Photo Scrapbooking
- Jewelry making
- Help with special events and fundraisers
- Public Relations
- Database updates
- Writing thank you letters and/or notes
- Maintenance/Home Repair
- Landscaping and Gardening
- HVAC and Plumbing repairs
- General other – painting, carpentry
For questions about volunteering, please contact us.